We’re Seaton Partners.
A Microsoft Gold Competency Partner based in the UK with a global reach, delivering complete Microsoft Dynamics 365 business solutions.
We license, implement, integrate, optimise and manage with specialisms in cloud-based ERP and CRM.
Our values shape all that we do.
We believe that by embracing different, we ignite the creativity that enables us to evolve and grow.
We don’t follow a tick box mentality. We think and act with individual initiative, taking responsibility for everything we do.
And we believe that engaged employees equal happy customers.
We are always on the look out for great people to join our team of close-knit in-house consultants, who are recruited from across the globe with international and FTSE 100 experience, and we continually reinvest in our knowledge and expertise.
As a result – very few consultants know Microsoft Dynamics like we do.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are currently recruiting for the following roles. However, we are always on the look out for great people to join the team. If you feel you share our philosophy and work ethic then we are always open for a chat. In the first instance please forward your updated CV along with a covering note via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require full job descriptions for any of the below roles, or to learn more about our reward and benefits package, please contact us on the above email address. In return, we offer a vibrant and dynamic working environment, an open and sharing culture, and all the training support you need to keep your skills at the forefront of the technology we use.
Role: Supply Chain Application Support Analyst
Type: Full Time Employee
Reporting to: Head of Managed Services
Department: Managed Services
Benefits: Bupa, Pension, Bonus
About the role:
Seaton Partners are a Microsoft Gold Partner, specialising in the design and implementation of their business suite of applications; Microsoft Dynamics 365. The growth of the business now necessitates the expansion within the Managed Services Team.
Main Role: Supply Chain Application Support Analyst
• Work as part of the Managed Services Team to provide 1st and 2nd line support to customers.
• Handling incidents and service requests.
• Performing regular maintenance and testing support by our Microsoft Dynamics consultants.
• Build close relationships with customers and may be asked to work from the customers location on occasion.
Secondary tasks and requirements
• As a member of a small team, you may reasonably be expected to carry out other related duties from time to time as required.
• Attend training, trade shows, channel events and conferences to ensure you and the wider team is kept abreast of news and updates.
• Be an ambassador for the company in relation to matters in and around your subject matter expertise.
• Contribute to company news, team events and blogs as appropriate.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
• Display a willingness and ability to learn and support new applications.
• Experience working against Service Level Agreements.
• Demonstrates an understanding of business process and business practices.
• Comfortable and confident in customer facing situations
• A strong desire to learn.
• Able to prioritise and manage workload.
• Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP/CRM hands-on experience either in support, consulting or power user capacity.
• A good understanding of the Supply Chain processes within Dynamics.
• Strong understanding of ITIL Principles including Incident and Change Management.
• Trouble shooting application issue in both traditional and cloud environments.
• Experience of writing knowledge base articles.